The Automobilforschung Dresden GmbH is hiring for positions with immediate effect as:
scient. Research Assistent (m/f/d)
for the area of Traffic Simulation / HMI
The Automobilforschung Dresden GmbH is a young company in the environment of the TU Dresden AG and thus has in cooperation access to a unique laboratory equipment for vehicle characterization, driving simulation, etc.. If you are interested in a dynamic, team-oriented working environment for the mobility of the future, then you have come to the right place. Interest in new challenges as well as personal development is particularly important to us.
Our customers include well-known vehicle manufacturers, as well as market-leading suppliers and development service providers.
The Research Associate (m/f/d) will be responsible for the development of simulation models for traffic simulation and vehicle safety issues, as well as the development of simulation models for traffic simulation and vehicle safety issues. In a team consisting of automotive engineers, psychologists and software developers, behavioral models of road users are to be jointly developed and implemented in the simulation framework OpenPASS. Likewise, as part of a team, you will analyze large amounts of traffic data (e.g., video-based traffic observations and accident data) and create statistical models for predicting traffic accidents and derive traffic scenarios for use in traffic simulations. For this purpose, you will not only use machine learning methods to analyze traffic data, but also draw on other statistical models, e.g. from the field of extreme value modeling. Your interest in new challenges with a lot of room for co-design and personal responsibility as well as personal development is particularly important to us!
- A successfully completed (technical) university education in the field of computer science, electrical engineering, automotive engineering, or behavioral psychology
- Knowledge of behavioral psychology, physiology, and modeling of these processes (preferably in a traffic context)
- solid knowledge and confident handling of Python, C++
- Experience with agile development methods (preferably SCRUM)
- Experience / basic knowledge with Continuous Integration processes and tools (Git, GoogleTest, Jenkins)
- Basic statistical knowledge incl. basic machine learning skills
- Knowledge of the German and English language as well as in the use of MS Office
- Organizational skills and ability to work in a team
- Literature research and writing journal articles
- Data collection, processing and extraction
- Identification of critical traffic scenarios
- Concept development, implementation and further development of driver behaviour and traffic flow simulations
- Code analyses and bug fixing
- Experience in research projects in the area of traffic data analysis is desired
- Previous knowledge of vehicle technology and/or psychology/physiology
- Driving license class B
Human Factors Expert (m/f/d)
for the area of vehicle and traffic safety
AMFD – Auto Mobil Forschung Dresden GmbH is now looking for reinforcement in the field of vehicle and traffic safety. The human factors expert (m/f/d) we are looking for will take on responsible tasks in the development of simulation models for traffic simulation and vehicle safety issues. In a team of engineers and software developers, behavioural models of road users are to be jointly developed and implemented in the OpenPASS simulation framework.
- Code analyses and modelling
- Concept development of model features
- Coaching of technical project colleagues
- Acquisition of funding
- Successfully completed university education in the field of traffic, engineering or behavioural psychology
- Sound knowledge of behavioural psychology, physiology and the modelling of these processes (preferably in a traffic context)
- In-depth analytical understanding
- Organisational skills and ability to work in a team
You should have:
- Knowledge of technical English
- Solid knowledge of statistics and stochastics
- Experience in research projects
Desirable would be:
- Previous knowledge of automotive engineering
- Basic programming skills (preferably C++)
- Class B driving licence
The position is full-time (40 h/week).
If you are interested in working independently in a highly motivated team environment, you have found the right place in the field of automotive technology / mobility of the future.
If you would like to become part of it send a detailed application at any time to: